Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Corny Version Of Adelle's, "I Set Fire To The Rain"


I let you break my heart And you failed to try and mend It, you were changed and I was over, Until you tried to win me back.
My  mind is strong But my heart is far too weak To stand in your presence and I tremble at your feet.
But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true And the games you play, you would always win, always win
But I set fire to the rain Watched it pour as I touched your face Let it burn while I cry 'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name
When laying with you I felt safe and hopeful too, with you here forever, thought you and me together would be forever.
'Cause there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win
I forgive you for your fame, watch you grow as I stay the same, but you left and you took everything that I gave  you away , awaaaayyyy I set fire to the pictures And I threw your shit  into the flames Where I felt somethin' die, 'cause I knew that That was the last time, the last time
 I bet you wake up by the door Now that I'm gone, must be waiting for me
I forgive you for your fame, watch you grow as I stay the same, but you left and you took everything that I gave  you away , awaaaayyyy I set fire to the pictures And I through your shit into the flames Where I felt somethin' die 'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, oh
Oh, no Let it burn, oh Let it burn Let it burn

Read more: ADELE - SET FIRE TO THE PICTURES LYRICS


*Please don't be harsh it was an assignment and I don't plan on becoming the next great song writer.  You're lucky you don't have to hear me sing it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment